Jr. G.E.M.S. is a 501(c)(3) organization designed to provide a positive environment dedicated to building self-esteem, self-confidence, and leadership skills, combined with activities and experiential learning, in efforts to prepare young ladies to achieve personal, social, ethical and career growth opportunities.
Jr. G.E.M.S. believe that every young lady deserves an opportunity to Blossom!!
Jr. G.E.M.S., The S.C.A.L.E. Up program is a youth program that prepares young ladies ages 12-18 to meet challenges of adolescence and adulthood, and helps develop self-confidence to attain their full potential of success. We offer opportunities and provide access to information that will assist our youth in accomplishing their personal goals. Our duty is to encourage, inspire, empower, and enforce young ladies to build and foster character and integrity, to make positive choices for their lives, and to do positive things within their communities. We highlight and reinforce leadership and decision-making skills and encourage the youth to pursue their passions. Additionally, we provide a greater scope of services that are appropriate in applying knowledge in manners that meet the new demands of our changing social and economic environment.
“S.C.A.L.E. Up” Program
The act of serving while young provides the youth with a sense of citizenship. Servanthood creates a chance for the youth, as they grow, to develop a more refined sense of self-awareness and an awareness and empathy for others, well into adulthood.
Character is recognized as a required quality in successfully developing resilience and proficiency in youth. We teach our youth to apply the 7C’s of Resilience, which include Confidence, Competence, Connection, Contribution, Coping, Control and Character.
Goals are motivating when they are challenging and achievable. We provide knowledge that coach youth to identify and set goals that are measurable, specific, and important. This will boost confidence and encouragement to verbalize goal setting strategies.
The development of leaders greatly contributes to the growth of young people and their communities. Leadership skills, such as goal setting, problem solving, and decision-making, are not just necessary for leaders – these skills are needed for success in today’s world.
Education is the greatest investment in our youth’s future. We encourage education in many areas as it lessens the challenges faced in life. Knowledge is power and will present opportunities to achieve better possibilities and personal and career growth.
- What is G.E.M.S. (WOG & Jr. GEMS)
- History of G.E.M.S.
- I.E. Platform
- The “S.C.A.L.E. Up” Program Principles
- Learning the Lord’s Prayer & Establishing a Prayer Life
- The Importance of Being Positive in all Situations
- The Importance of Communication
- Your ROLE and Expectation as a Jr. G.E.M.S.
- You Are Good Enough / You Are Smart Enough
- Self-Esteem / Self-Confidence
- What is Peer Leadership?
- Introduction to Peer Leadership Skills/Training – You Are A Leader
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Social Media Etiquette
- Peer Leadership Development & Engagement Training | Developing Leaders
- Identifying Strengths & Weaknesses
- Personal Goal Setting | How & Why to Set Goals
- Self-Awareness / Self-Acceptance
- Public Speaking | Interactive Training and Workshops (Avoiding Pitfalls of Anxiety)
- Conflict Resolution/Skills Training
- Embracing Change | Change = Opportunities
- Planning to Live Your Life Your Way
- Giving Back Through Service Works
- Preparing for Mentorship
- Becoming a Peer Leader | Providing Guidance
- Possessing Natural Characteristics of Being a Leader
- Learning and Practicing Basic Skills and Competencies | Become an Effective Leader
- Identifying and Setting Future Educational Goals
- New Beginnings